Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Oil of Oregano


Being a person with a compromised immune system, I sometimes get the feeling that infection may be lurking around any corner. That may sound a bit dramatic, but after one or two serious run-ins with infection you could say I'm slightly defensive. A great weapon that I've discovered somewhat recently, however, makes me feel a bit more at ease. Oil of Oregano is anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial, and it actually helps fight infections. My family and I have noticed that taking Oil of Oregano has helped us fight through colds much more easily and relieves skin infections very quickly. I love this stuff! Now, having said that I should also say this: I'm a skeptic, and really can't stand when people tout a remedy as "magical" and "fool-proof." Every body is different, and what works amazingly for one may not be as effective for another. Also, you shouldn't go against any sound advice your doctor has given you or let a serious infection go. Anti-biotics, while wreaking havoc on your intestinal flora, can very well save your life. I'm attaching a website that I think is very helpful in explaining the benefits and risks involved with Oil of Oregano. If you decide that this is something you'd like to add to your medicine cabinet (and I encourage you to get educated on it and try it if you can), my favorite brand is Oreganol. It's definitely a part of my home pharmacy, and I think it always will be.

http://www.homeremediesweb.com/oil_of_oregano_health_benefits.php

2 comments:

  1. Man, I love it when products slightly change the name of the ingredient or sympton it treats and give it that "medicinal" feel. And in this case, all they had to do was add an "L." Oreganol: it covers ol...I mean all. But seriously, that's sweet
    Obviously,
    BIlly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, clever marketing is where it's at. Thanks, Bill.

    ReplyDelete